Terms and Conditions
Last updated on October 15, 2020
Welcome to jaris! We are a financial technology company that offers you working capital solutions.
These Terms and Conditions are a contract between you and jaris, inc., its affiliates, agents, service providers, and assigns (“we”, “us”, “jaris”) governing the use of your jaris website and mobile app which we refer to collectively as the “Service”. You must be 18 years of age and reside in the United States to use the Service. By using the Service, you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions in these Terms and Conditions. In addition, when using the Service, you will be subject to any additional terms applicable to the Service which may be posted on our website or through the mobile application from time to time. Section "Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration" of these terms includes an agreement to resolve all disputes by arbitration on an individual basis. You also agree to the following additional policies and each of the other agreements that apply to you:
If after reading these Terms and Conditions in their entirety you are still unsure of anything or you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access To The Service
- Eligibility: You must be an individual of at least 18 years of age who resides in the United States or one of its territories to use the Service. Use of the Service may have further eligibility requirements that will need to be verified before you using the Service or from time to time in order to continue your use of the Service. Certain features of the Service may be limited depending on the state in which you reside, the date on which you created your Account, and/or other factors.
- Your registration obligations: You are required to register on our website or through the websites of our business partners to access and use certain features of the Service. Your acceptance of the Electronic Communications Policy is required to create an account. If you choose to register for the Service, you agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form. If any of this information changes, it is your obligation to provide updated information as soon as possible. From time to time, we may also require you to provide further information as a condition for continued use of the Service. We reserve the right to maintain your Account registration information after you close your Account for business and regulatory compliance purposes. You may register for only one (1) jaris account. If you open additional accounts, we reserve the right to immediately close these additional accounts.
- Member account, password, and security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Account, if any, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur regarding your password or Account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password, Account, or any other breach of security, and (b) exit from your Account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
- Modifications to Service: We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
- General practices regarding use and storage: You acknowledge that we may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including but not limited to, the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on our servers on your behalf. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Service. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that we reserve the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, at our discretion, with or without notice.
- Mobile services: Some of our services are available via a mobile device, including the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent that you access the Mobile Services, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using the Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier. The Mobile Services may not work with all carriers or devices. Also, you authorize your wireless operator to disclose your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI), and other subscriber and device details, if available, to us and our service providers for the duration of the business relationship for identity verification and fraud avoidance.
- Mobile communications: By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you expressly consent to be contacted by us at any telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, an account with us, the physical or electronic address you provide, or at which you may be reached. You agree we, our agents, or service providers may contact you in any way, including by e-mail, SMS messages (including text messages), and call using pre-recorded messages or artificial voice recordings at any phone number you have provided to us as well as any address in our records or public or nonpublic databases. You understand that you are not required to provide consent to marketing SMS messages as a condition for accessing the Service. You may withdraw your consent to SMS communications by replying STOP to the SMS message, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You certify, warrant, and represent that the telephone numbers that you have provided to us are your valid contact numbers. You certify that you are permitted to receive calls at each of the telephone numbers you have provided to us. You agree to promptly alert us whenever you stop using a particular telephone number. You are responsible for all charges, including fees associated with text messaging, imposed by your communications service provider. You agree that we and our agents, representatives, or anyone calling on our behalf may contact you on a recorded or monitored line and that any incoming calls may also be recorded and monitored. You also agree to receive alerts about your Account activity, balances, payments, suspicious activities, and other matters involving your use of the Site, the App, or the Service through push notifications to your smartphone or another device. Receipt of push notifications may be delayed or prevented by factors beyond our control, including those affecting your Internet/phone provider. We are not liable for losses or damages arising from non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the erroneous delivery of any push notification, inaccurate push notification content, or your use/reliance on the content of any push notification for any purpose. Push notifications may not be encrypted and may include your personal information about your Account or use of the Site or App. We may terminate your use of push notifications at any time without notice. You may choose to discontinue receiving push notifications by updating your preferences on your smartphone or device.
Conditions Of Use
Account suspension & closure: We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, without liability to you or any third party, refuse to let you open an account, suspend your Account, terminate your Account, or use the Service. Such actions may be taken as a result of account inactivity, failure to respond to customer support requests, failure to positively identify yourself, or due to violation of these Terms and Conditions. You may terminate this agreement at any time by closing your jaris Account and discontinuing use of the Service.
User conduct: You are solely responsible for all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish, display (hereinafter, “upload”), email or otherwise use via the Service. The following are examples of the kinds of content and uses that are illegal or prohibited. You agree to not use the Service to:
- Violate (or assist any other party in violating) any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation
- Intentionally try to defraud (or assist in the defrauding of) jaris or other jaris users
- Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information
- Take any action that interferes with, intercepts, or expropriates any system, data, or information
- Transmit or upload any virus, worm, malicious software, or program
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to other jaris accounts, the jaris website, or any related networks or systems
- Tse the Service on behalf of any third party or otherwise act as an intermediary between jaris and any third parties
- Collect any user information from other jaris users
- Defame, harass, or violate the privacy or intellectual property rights of jaris or any other jaris users
- Upload, display, or transmit any messages, photos, videos, or other media that contain illegal goods, pornography, violence, obscenity or copyrighted images or materials for use as an avatar, in connection with a payment or payment request, or otherwise
Fees: To the extent the Service or any portion thereof is made available for any fee, you will be required to select a form of payment and provide information to us regarding your form of payment. You certify to us that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument. You will promptly update your Account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address) that may occur. You agree to pay us the amount that is specified by these Terms and Conditions. If you dispute any charges you must let us know within thirty (30) days after the date that we charge you. We reserve the right to change our prices. Your continued use of the Service after the price change goes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the adjusted amount. You shall be responsible for all taxes associated with the Service other than U.S. taxes based on our net income.
Special notice for international use, export controls: Software (defined below) available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or use of the software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including online conduct and acceptable content.
Commercial use: Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree to not display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
Illegal transactions and Internet gambling: You must not use the Service or your Account for any illegal purpose, for Internet gambling or to fund any account that is set up to facilitate Internet gambling. We may deny transactions or authorizations from merchants or other sources that are apparently engaged in or are identified as engaged in the Internet gambling business.
Intellectual Property Rights
Service content, software and trademarks: You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain content or features (“Service Content”) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by us, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part This does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload to the Service. In connection with your use of the Service you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping, or similar data gathering technology or extraction methods. If you are blocked by us from accessing the Service (including if your IP address is blocked), you agree not to implement any measures to circumvent such blocking (e.g., by masking your IP address or using a proxy IP address). Any use of the Service or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith are the property of jaris, and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by jaris. The jaris name and logos are trademarks and service marks of jaris (collectively the “jaris Trademarks”). Other product, service names, and logos used and displayed via the Service may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to jaris. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the jaris Trademarks displayed on the Service, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of the jaris Trademarks will inure to our exclusive benefit.
Third-party material: Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content or materials of any third parties (including users), including, but not limited to, errors or omissions in any content, or losses or damages of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. You acknowledge that we do not pre-screen content, but that jaris and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our designees will have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms and Conditions or that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
User content transmitted through the Service: With respect to content or other materials you upload through the Service or share with other users or recipients (collectively, “User Content”), you certify that you own all right, title, and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein. By uploading any User Content you hereby grant and will grant to us and our affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the operation of the Service or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information about the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to us are non-confidential and we will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve, content and may also disclose, content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) Comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests (b) Enforce these Terms and Conditions (c) Respond to claims that content violates the rights of third parties (d) Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of jaris, its users and the public You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may involve (a) Transmissions over various networks (b) Changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices
Copyright complaints: We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify us of your infringement claim by the procedure set forth below. We will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws concerning any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to jaris’ Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail at jaris, inc., PO Box 117567, Burlingame CA 94011
Copyright notices: To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service
- Your address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf
Counter notice: If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or under the law, to upload and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the copyright agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled by mistake or because the content was misidentified
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within the Northern District of California
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement
If a counter-notice is received by the copyright agent, we will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it within 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Repeat infringer policy: In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also in our sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
The Service or third parties may provide links or access to other sites and resources on the Internet. We have no control over such sites and resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, events, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with a third party found while using the Service are between you and the third party. You agree that we are not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
Indemnity And Release
You agree to release, indemnify and hold jaris, its officers, employees, directors, and agents (collectively, “Indemnitees”) harmless from all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, injury (including death) and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to your use of the Service, any User Content, your connection to the Service, your violation of these Terms and Conditions or your violation of any rights of another. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you will have no obligation to indemnify or hold harmless any indemnitee from or against any liability, losses, damages, or expenses incurred as a result of any action or inaction by the indemnitee. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. JARIS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. JARIS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS
Limitation Of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT JARIS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF JARIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL JARIS’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID JARIS IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU OR BE ENFORCEABLE WITH RESPECT TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE Terms and Conditions, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE A USER FROM NEW JERSEY, THE FOREGOING SECTIONS TITLED “DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES” AND “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” ARE INTENDED TO BE ONLY AS BROAD AS IS PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. IF ANY PORTION OF THESE SECTIONS IS HELD TO BE INVALID UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, THE INVALIDITY OF SUCH PORTION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE APPLICABLE SECTIONS.
Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
Agreement to arbitrate: This Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration section is referred to in these Terms and Conditions as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and jaris, whether arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions (including any alleged breach thereof), the Service, any advertising, any aspect of the relationship or transactions between us, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms and Conditions, you and jaris are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
Prohibition of class and representative actions and non-individualized relief: YOU AND JARIS AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND JARIS AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S), EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY PURSUE A CLAIM FOR AND THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD PUBLIC INJUNCTIVE RELIEF UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED FOR THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS PROVISION.
Pre-arbitration dispute resolution: We are always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently. Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at email@example.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice should be sent to jaris, inc., PO Box 117567, Burlingame, CA 94011
(“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If jaris and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or jaris may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by jaris or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or jaris is entitled.
Arbitration procedures: Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/consumer. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will take over unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Terms and Conditions as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under the Terms and Conditions and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. Unless jaris and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, jaris agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of how the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
Costs of arbitration: Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. If the value of the relief sought is $75,000 or less, at your request, jaris will pay all Arbitration Fees. If the value of the relief sought is more than $75,000 and you can demonstrate to the arbitrator that you are economically unable to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees or if the arbitrator otherwise determines for any reason that you should not be required to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees, jaris will pay your portion of such fees. In addition, if you demonstrate to the arbitrator that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, jaris will pay as much of the Arbitration Fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. Any payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
Confidentiality: All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
Severability: If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement (other than the subsection (b) titled “Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief” above) is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace the term or provision with one that is valid, enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision. This Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of subsection (b) above titled “Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief” are invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, unless such provisions are deemed to be invalid or unenforceable solely concerning claims for public injunctive relief. The remainder of the Terms and Conditions will then continue to apply.
Future changes to arbitration agreement: Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms and Conditions to the contrary, jaris agrees that if it makes any future change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to the Notice Address) while you are a user of the Service, you may reject any such change by sending jaris written notice within thirty (30) calendar days of the change to the Notice Address provided above. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this Arbitration Agreement as of the date you first accepted these Terms and Conditions (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms and Conditions).
You agree that jaris, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your Account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if jaris believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. jaris may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of these Terms and Conditions may be effected without prior notice, and you acknowledge and agree that jaris may immediately deactivate or delete your Account and all related information and files in your Account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that jaris will not be liable to you or any third party due to termination of your access to the Service.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Service and we will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. We reserve the right but have no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Service.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and jaris concerning your use of the website and the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and jaris concerning the website and the Services, provided however, that you may also be subject to additional terms and conditions for the Service provided by jaris, as applicable, including but not limited to, specific terms applicable to a sale of future receivables which, to the extent, there is a conflict, will supersede the terms hereof. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third-party services, third-party content, or third-party software. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Concerning any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and jaris agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within San Francisco County, California. The failure of jaris to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign these Terms and Conditions without the prior written consent of jaris, but jaris may assign or transfer these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, without restriction. The section titles in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms and Conditions or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Service.
Notice For California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Service from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210. You may contact us at jaris, inc., PO Box 117567, Burlingame, CA 94011, or by telephone at 888-508-1544.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any violations of these Terms and Conditions or to pose any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions or the Service.